EDIUS 9.40.4896 released
Grass Valley EDIUS 9.40 out now!
Grass Valley has now released version 9.40 of its EDIUS editing solution. As always, EDIUS 9 users will benefit from the update free of charge. Version 9.40 includes major new features and improvements that will significantly enhance the workflow of EDIUS 9 users.
EDIUS 9.40 now provides:
• Apple ProRes export and ProRes Raw import
• Enhanced multicam function with newly implemented sync options (incl. the announcement of soon to come audio sync)
• Optimized and comfortable HDR-SDR conversion with soft-clip tone mapping
• Optimized mask motion tracker
• Import/Export of closed captioning including burn to video
• New high-speed H.265 software decoder for an improved performance regarding HEVC clips
• Support for the latest intel QuickSync technology for processors like i7-9700K or i9-9900K for H.264/H.265 acceleration
In addition, EDIUS 9.40 includes a number of further features like new format import support for Sony Venice Raw, Panasonic P2 8K and faster Canon Cinema Raw Light performance as well as new format export support for H.264/H.265 as MOV.
At NAB 2019 magic multi media, distributor for EDIUS in EMEA and North America, produced a video report covering all the major features and enhancements. You find this report and lots of other valuable information, access to free tutorials, podcasts, the EDIUS user forum and updates as well as a free EDIUS trial version at www.EDIUS.NET.
Until the end of May 2019 anyone purchasing EDIUS 9 gets proDAD Vitascene V3 LE (regular price 199$/170€+ VAT) as a bonus for free. This promotion applies to all versions of EDIUS Pro 9 and Workgroup 9: full version, upgrade, jump upgrade, jump 2 upgrade and EDU. Please find all details about this promotion at www.EDIUS.NET/promo.
Different to other professional NLE solutions, EDIUS is available for purchase and does not force the user into an unwanted subscription model.
Further information about EDIUS 9 can be found at www.EDIUS.NET.
Grass Valley shows a preview of EDIUS 9.40 at NAB Show 2019
- Apple ProRes Export and ProRes Raw Import
- Enhanced Multicam Function with new sync options (incl. announcement of soon to come Audio Sync)
- Optimized and easy to use HDR-SDR Conversion with soft-clip tone mapping
- Optimized Mask Motion Tracker for better tracking results
- Import/Export of Closed Captioning including burn to video
- New High Speed H.265 Software Decoder for an improved performance concerning HEVC clips
- New Format Import support for Sony Venice Raw, Panasonic P2 8K and faster Canon Cinema Raw Light performance
- New Format Export support for H.264/H.265 as MOV, optimized H.264 low bitrate encoding and for Workgroup: DNxHR support
- AJA IO 4K Plus and Kona 5 Preview support
- New in the Workgroup version: support for professional Canon HDR control monitors. EDIUS now automatically switches to the right color space
- More new features like HDR color bars, 0.1 steps for Gaussian blur, voice over level numeration, project wizard with overscan setting and more
- Updated Mync version with support for all mentioned import formats
Grass Valley launches EDIUS 9.31 at the Inter Bee Show in Tokyo
It is an update with minor improvements. Nevertheless, this version also contains new features. Details about these new features are shown in our EDIUS podcast "New in EDIUS 9.31".
Extension of the "Edit marker" dialogue
Both the Pro and Workgroup versions now contain an extended “Edit marker” dialogue box. In this the color of the marker is now freely selectable. For the division into chapters for Blu-ray, DVD, Flash Video and Stratus the standard orange marks are available. The out-point and duration can be set. Sequence markers now have an anchor option. For an even faster access to the dialogue box, it is now also possible to set a keyboard shortcut or a button. Details about this function can be found in our EDIUS podcast "New in EDIUS 9.31".
Support for the new Fujifilm X-T3
EDIUS now also supports the HEVC/H.265 footage of the Fujifilm X-T3. Thus, all formats of the new mirrorless system camera can now be processed directly.
New Nikon N-Log color space
EDIUS now also supports the new Nikon color space N-Log. This means that virtually all currently known log formats such as Arri Log-C, Canon C-Log, DJI D-Log, Fujifilm F-Log, JVC J-Log, Panasonic V-Log and Sony S-Log can be processed directly. This support also allows for a simple color space conversion via the primary color correction.
For the workgroup version only:
Preview device: Video-out conversion
This feature is interesting for users who e.g. work with UHD in 50p, but only use a UHD 25p editing card or just an HD monitor. Until now there was simply no output possibility if the preview device did not support the project format. Now the conversion allows a preview of higher resolutions and frame rates. An algorithm checks which conversion format is the most reasonable and compatible with the hardware. Both in the Pro and in the Workgroup version 9.31 the preview mode is displayed in the status bar. Depending on the conversion mode, a corresponding symbol is displayed. Details about this function can be found in our EDIUS podcast "New in EDIUS 9.31".
The Workgroup version offers a special HDR Monitor Control function. This function takes over the color space control for compatible monitors. Currently some EIZO monitors are already supported, from version 9.31 now also the model "EIZO ColorEdge CG279X".